10 DIY Lazy Hacks For Improving The Home Decor
Sometimes having your own place, whether you share it with roommates or it just belongs to you, can be overwhelming. Cleaning or organizing…you just want it to look magically pretty without trying. And maybe it can be. Here are the ultimate lazy girl hacks to make your home more welcoming, chic, and comfortable… without exerting too much energy.
1. Replace art with accessories. Hang hats on thumb tacks on the wall, or necklaces. Great storage and also looks like decor on your wall, bejeweled or covered in colorful hats.
2. Print out and frame Instagrams – cool filters will give it an artistic look and it’s way cooler than a scrapbook or dorky framed photos.
3. Upgrade your storage game. If your storage has to be visible, paint cheap boxes, or stain then and line the interior with fabric. Voila – chic interior design art instead of storage!
7. Add plants to whatever space! It makes a space so much more vibrant. It helps you learn how to take care of something other than yourself, and it adds oxygen to a space, revitalizing it and giving it great feng shui.
8. Use tape to clean things! Swiffers and lint rollers so overrated. If you pull it off a table or any surface like a bookshelf, you can see the dust being lifted off. Easier, less noisy, and more fun than vacuuming.
9. Line your fridge shelves with saran wrap. It doesn’t look embarrassing-] and it makes clean up so much easier. Any spilled sauces or cruddy stains won’t stain the bottom of your spotless fridge shelves. You’ll have to clean a lot less frequently with this hack.
15. Put a magnet strip under your cabinets instead of using a spice rack.
It’ll look like they’re floating and the colors (if you put them in glass containers) will actually look quite lovely bordering your kitchen cabinets. Less space consuming, and chic.